Sample Sunday | Balm Balm Hibiscus Face Mask


Face masks, face masks everywhere, I actually didn't realise how many I have. I'm currently using 3 different ones at the moment. Then I spotted this little bad boy in my samples box and wanted to give this one a try. It was part of my lovely Balm Balm starter kit I bought back in June and I'm finally using some of them! Hooray! 


It was the word hibiscus that drew me to it. I absolutely love Starbucks Teavana Hibiscus iced shaken teas. Not only are they pretty flowers to look at but we can drink them, eat them and of course use them on our skin. I've never actually used this face mask before so was looking forward to giving it a try. I have tried a few Balm Balm products before and absolutely loved them. 

Balm Balm is a fantastic brand that is 100% organic, Soil Association certified and of course 100% natural so you know there's only good stuff in their products.
  

The Hibiscus face mask is actually a granular powder, and it was just enough for one mask. It's packed with Brown Rice, Ground Hibiscus and Rose Geranium Essential Oil.

The 3 of these together are a fantastic combination as they help to deep cleanse and exfoliate your skin. 

Forget what a face mask should feel and look like as this is completely different. To apply add some warm water and mix this into a paste (I used my trusty bowl and spatula from my Facetox).

  
It will be fairly thick and difficult to apply at first but do it in smaller quantities on the face until you've applied the product all over. 

Leave the mask on for 10 minutes. So why not read a book or just relax in a bath while you wait. I did notice the smell was pretty strong and slightly unpleasant for me but I waited it out and would give this mask another go as I think it was the hibiscus and rose geranium combination that I've never smelt before.


As the mask dries you can feel it tighten onto your face, the paste is gently drawing out impurities to provide a deep cleanse that helps to banish excess oil and minimise pores. After 10 minutes, wet your hands in warm water and gently start to massage the mask int your face, like you're using an exfoliator and then completely wash it off. 

Wow, my skin felt really great afterwards. I would like to give this another go as I don't want to write off my experience mainly down to the smell. I'm not sure why it was so bad and unpleasant for me. 


You can actually see that my skins looks so much brighter and there's not many pores in sight and of course the breakouts. My face has calmed down so much and I don't get as many breakouts. I followed with my usual night time moisturiser routine and found even in the morning my skin felt amazing. 

You can get your hands on this lovely face mask from LoveLula for £9.50, it's a 40g size tub so will last a while. I would suggest using a teaspoon amount then mixing with water.  

Have you tried this before?? What did you think??

Lots of Love
Follow

Labels: , , , , ,