Tuesday's Tip | DIY Reed Diffuser For Your Home


I've got my second Tuesday's Tip this month for you and I've got more exciting ideas coming up over the weeks. This one is a really easy DIY for the home. 


Today, I'll be sharing how I make my cute homemade reed diffusers that can leave your rooms and your home smelling gorgeous. 

These are really inexpensive to make and you'll be surprised, you probably have most of the ingredients in your cupboards at home. 

I think these ooze personality and you can mix and choose any fragrances you love and really make these your own. They look classy as well as expensive. 




What You Need:
125-250ml Carrier Oil (Such as: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Apricot or Nut Oil)
20-40 drops of your chosen essential oil or a blend of essential oils of your choice. I went with Lavender & Rose.

You could try:
Lemon & Orange
Rosemary & Thyme
Lemon & Cinnamon
Experimenting is the fun part!

A pack of bamboo skewers (the ones you use for a barbecue) 
An old jar or a small pretty vase or a jug. 

How To Do It:
Depending on the size of your chosen vessel (an old jar or a small pretty vase are perfect), cut the skewers to be double the length of the height of the vessel.

Remove the spiky ends so they look fancy and no something you'd use on your barbecue.

Pour in the carrier oil and blend in your favourite essential oils until it smells just how you like it. 

Place a handful of skewers in the vessel and leave them to soak for at least an hour. Remove the skewers and turn them upside down and pop them back into your vase.

Position your chosen vessel in your favourite place to impress.

Turn those skewers every now and again and top up the scented oil as needed. 


I absolutely LOVE making these, they're so easy but so effective. I've had so many people asking where I buy them from and when I explain that I've made them, I get asked how. 

I really hope you enjoy this little tip and give it a go, you might just surprise yourself.

Did you try this?? What did you think?? I hope to see some of your makes if you do this.

Lots of Love
Follow

Labels: , , , , , , , ,