Review | White Spring Bamboo Straws


Today I want to talk about a new product that not only have I recently discovered and been trying but it's a really Eco friendly and ethical product too. If you've been reading my blog for a while you will know that I'm on the path to try and lead a more Eco friendly and ethical life. 

I'm talking about Bamboo Straws. Now, I've decided to try and ditch the plastic so in our house we've switched from plastic straws to paper ones which don't get me wrong are a great single use alternative but how do you actually know your local council is recycling them??


When the lovely people from White Spring* reached out to me I just couldn't turn down the opportunity to try something new and work with a great ethical brand.The whole idea of having bamboo drinking straws intrigued me.

White Spring are a small company that have just started selling natural bamboo drinking straws on Amazon. The founders were horrified at the number of plastic straws that are thrown away, many hundreds of millions, in the UK alone so they started to look for alternatives. 

There are a lot of great alternatives out there of course but only one grabbed the company's attention and here's why:

Bamboo is grown naturally without pesticides and bamboo straws are made without the use of dyes, inks or preservatives.

Bamboo straws are reusable and with the proper care and attention will last you many months.

Bamboo is 100% Biodegradable and can be composted. 

Bamboo is BPA, Phathalate and PCP free

Bamboo is naturally anti-bacterial known as bamboo 'kun'

As bamboo is naturally grown no two straws will be the exact same, they can vary in size and colour and may not be straight. 

Bamboo can safely be used for almost any drink, hot or cold. 

Bamboo straws can be cleaned easily including in the dishwasher. 


What are the alternatives to plastic straws??

Silicone - These are recyclable but not biodegradable.

Stainless Steel - They need a lot of energy to produce, some people don't like how they feel in your mouth, I've not tried these yet. What do you actually do with it when you can't use it anymore??

Paper - These are single use, could be recycled but will your local council recycle them due to being "contaminated"??

Glass - Another high energy product to produce, really fragile and to be honest I'd be too afraid to have glass in my mouth in case it broke. 

So, what did I get inside my lovely box?? Well there's 8 fantastic bamboo straws that are inside a lovely cotton carry bag so you can pop them in your bag while you're on the go and 2 cleaning brushes that clean the whole length of the straw. 

Before I used mine I gave them a really good clean and popped them in my bag ready to try them out and try them out I did. I used them in work to drink with and they caught the eye of my friend Lucy who wanted to try them too. 

We both fell in love. They really nice to use don't feel rough or weird in your mouth as I was expecting them too, they work with all kinds of drinks including smoothies. Lucy loves hers and keeps it in her bag. I think I'll have to buy her a box for Christmas! 

I actually really enjoy using my bamboo straws and so does the munchkin. They fit in any sized bag so they're really easy to take out with you, they're actually quite hard wearing as I was expecting them to break and split really easily but they don't which for me is a sign of a quality product that can last you a while. 

Overall for £12.99 I think you're onto a winner. It's really not a bad price tag for a natural product that will not only last you quite some time but it will pay for itself over that time too. 

If you'd like some of these bad boys them you can buy them from Amazon here. You can also use the code WS324977 to get a 10% discount at the checkout until the end of December. Thank you for reading. 

Have you tried any of the alternatives to plastic straws?? What did you think?? Have you tried bamboo straws before??

I'd love to read your comments. 

Lots of Love
Follow

Labels: , , ,