Review | EcoEgg Laundry Egg & Washing Machine Detox Tablets



Happy Saturday!! 

The weekend is finally here! Yay!!  I've got a house hold product review for you today!! Back in April I bought a couple of EcoEgg products from Holland & Barrett to try out, if you missed the post you can read it here


The products I bought were the EcoEgg Laundry Egg and the EcoEgg Washing Machine Detox Tablets. 





I'll start with the Washing Machine Detox Tablets. You get 6 in a box and they retail at £3.99. It says you get 3 years worth of product as you only need to use these every 6 months. Before buying these, I'd never actually thought of using a machine cleaning product. I know there's some out there and I think in the 4 years I've had my washing machine I think I've given it a 'detox' maybe once or twice if that. which sounds so disgusting when you think about it! 



These were great, I did have to use 2 tablets as after the first one my washing machine smelt really really bad still. You pop a tablet into your drum and put it on a hot wash. The product removes limescale and build-ups, eliminates nasty odours and leaves your washing machine clean and fresh. I have to admit my washing machine has been working so much better after using these.



Onto the EcoEgg Laundry Egg. What is the EcoEgg?? Well, the Ecoegg Laundry Egg is a money-saving, eco-friendly and hypoallergenic alternative to washing powder. It is a reusable egg that you fill with a mixture of mineral and tourmaline pellets. This pellet mix acts as a natural detergent when put in the washing machine with your dirty clothes.


The EcoEgg comes as either 54, 210 or 720 washes. I bought myself the 210 wash in Fresh Linen. I love how it looks, the design is great. It's easy to use, you literally just chuck it in the washing machine and let it do the work. There's no mess, no scooping, no pouring and no measuring. Setting it up was really easy, put in one packet of the black pellets and then 3 packets of the white pellets. It leaves 2 packets spare. 




After about 72 washes (I do about 1 laundry wash every other day, so that would be about every 4 months) you need to top up with one pack of the white pellets. This is extremely good value and fantastic for the environment. 






You can use your regular fabric softener but EcoEgg do have their own concentrated fabric softener too. I'm currently using my Ecover fabric softener but will be purchasing the EcoEgg one along with their stain remover. 

It washes really well, your clothes smell nice when they come out and they're soft too. I've saved quite a few pennies since I've been using this and I haven't needed to reach for any washing detergents. The great thing about the EcoEgg is that you can use it on a cool wash and up to 60 degrees.

I will most definitely keep using this and will purchase the replacement pellets when I need too. I think in the long run it will save us quite a lot of money. I'd definitely recommend it. 

Have you tried it?? What did you think??

Lots of Love
Follow

Labels: , , , , , ,