Sample Sunday | Balm Balm Super Light Coconut Cleanser & Rose Floral Water Hydrosol


Remember way back in June when I shared this lovely Balm Balm Starter Kit I had bought with you?! If you missed the post you can read it here.  


Well, I've finally been trying more of the products out, I did a Sample Sunday post on the Hibiscus Face Mask, you can read that here if you missed it. 



This week I've got a Sample Sunday post for 2 of the products from this lovely little kit, the Super Light Coconut Cleanser and the Rose Floral Water Hydrosol.



I've been trying out Cleansers, to find my "one" and I think I'm pretty close to be honest. I really wasn't sure what to expect from this little guy, but I'm definitely smitten. I was also surprised to find it's actually an oil and really easy to use. A little goes a long way and I was kind of expecting it to be one of those numbers that you have to apply to cotton and wipe off. 

Simply pour a little into your hand, massage into the skin and I used a lovely organic muslin cloth to wipe it off with. It's great and you can really get into your lashes with your ring finger to remove the days mascara. It can also be used as a deep cleansing treatment by applying a warm, damp muslin cloth over massaged-in cleanser and leaving it for a couple of minutes. I haven't tried this yet but I most definitely will be giving it a go. It's thin, silky and even though it's an oil it does emulsify ever so slightly with water. 

It's made up from fractioned coconut oil, and is great for all skin types. My skin felt amazing afterwards, there was no dryness, no oily residue was left on my skin. Thankfully I have a full sized bottle of this waiting for me to open and use. I can't wait to get it opened and start using it. 



Another product I'm in love with and will most definitely buy again. The Balm Balm Rose Floral Water Hydrosol. 

What's a hydrosol I hear you ask? Well, I had to do some homework because I had no clue myself. A hydrosol is the aromatic water that remains after steam-distilling or hydro-distilling botanical material such as flower petals or leafs. It contains the water-soluble aromatic and therapeutic properties of the plant. It is however, ofter referred to as hydrolats, distillate waters or floral waters. They are much gentler on the skin and make fantastic toners. 

I absolutely loved using this rose floral water. I did use it as a toner and it most certainly refreshes the face after cleansing but because this little guy wasn't a spray bottle I had to apply it to my hands then pat it into the skin. I think the spray would make it much easier to apply. 

I used it in my Terre Verdi Orange Coffee Cleansing Face Mask, if you missed the post you can read my review here. It was fantastic. This would be great during the summer as a little skin pick me up and to refresh the skin. Will be buying the full size product that's for sure. This lovely rose floral water is also Soil Association Certified. Balm Balm is fast becoming a favourite of mine too, I've never been disappointed by one of their products. You know they'll only ever use good stuff.  

 I already have the full size bottle of the Chamomile and Neroli hydrosols which I'm really excited to use. You can even use these products to lightly mist your pillows to help you relax and drift off to sleep. 

Have you tried any of these products?? What's your favourite Balm Balm product I should try?? 

Lots of Love 
Follow

Labels: , , ,